WHAT WE COLLECT
We get information about you in a range of ways.
- Information You Give Us. We collect your name, email address, billing address, phone number, username, password, demographic information (such as your gender and occupation), professional title, company name, portfolio of work, survey responses, information contained in feedback you provide or messages you post, and other information you directly give us on our Site or through our Services.
- Information We Get from Others. We may get information about you from other sources. We may add this to information we get from this Site or through our Services.
Information Automatically Collected. We automatically log information about you and your computer. For example, when visiting our Site, we log your IP address and information about your use of and actions on our Site.
- Web Beacons. We may log information using digital images called Web beacons on our Site or in our emails. We use Web beacons to manage cookies, count visits, and to learn what marketing works and what does not. We also use Web Beacons to tell if you open or act on our emails.
- Information Collected from You About Others. If you decide to refer a third party to our Site or Services, we will collect your and the third party’s names and e-mail addresses in order to send an e-mail and follow up with the third party. You or the third party may contact us at email@example.com to request the removal of this information from our database.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use your personal information as follows:
- We use your personal information to operate, maintain, and improve our sites, products, and services.
- We use your personal information to respond to comments and questions, to respond to inquiries related to residency and other referral opportunities and to provide customer service.
- We use your personal information to communicate about promotions, upcoming events, and other news about products and services offered by us and our selected partners.
- We use your personal information to link or combine user information with other personal information.
- We use your personal information to provide and deliver products and services customers request.
SHARING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may share personal information as follows:
- We may share personal information with your consent. For example, you may let us share personal information with others for their own marketing uses by following the “opt-in” instructions we provide to allow such disclosure. If you have opted-in to receive e-mail communications from a third party company and later wish to discontinue receipt of these e-mails, please contact the third party company directly to update your preferences. The privacy policies of such third party companies may apply to the use and disclosure of your information that we collect and disclose to them. Because we do not control the privacy practices of third party companies, you should read and understand their privacy policies.
- We may share personal information when we do a business deal, or negotiate a business deal, involving the sale or transfer of all or a part of our business or assets. These deals can include any merger, financing, acquisition, or bankruptcy transaction or proceeding.
We may share personal information for legal, protection, and safety purposes.
- We may share information to comply with laws.
- We may share information to respond to lawful requests and legal processes.
- We may share information in an emergency. This includes protecting the safety of our employees and agents, our customers, or any person.
- We may share information with third party service providers who need it to do work for us or to provide you with the Services that we offer through our Site, including, but not limited to, the Bridge Residency Program.
- We may use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our Site. These companies may collect and use information (not including your name, address, email address, or telephone number) about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services to you.
We may also share aggregated and/or anonymized data with others for their own uses.
INFORMATION CHOICES AND CHANGES
Our marketing emails tell you how to “opt-out.” If you opt out, we may still send you non-marketing emails. Non-marketing emails include emails about your accounts and our business dealings with you.
You may send requests about personal information to our Contact Information below. You can request to change contact choices, opt-out of our sharing with others, and update your personal information.
You can typically remove and reject cookies from our Site with your browser settings. Many browsers are set to accept cookies until you change your settings. If you remove or reject our cookies, it could affect how our Site works for you.
SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION. We take steps to help protect personal information. No company can fully prevent security risks, however. Mistakes may happen. Bad actors may defeat even the best safeguards.
THIRD PARTY WEBSITES. When you click on a link to any other website or location, you will leave our Site and go to another site and another entity may collect information from you. We have no control over, do not review, and cannot be responsible for, these outside websites or their content. Please be aware that the terms of this Policy do not apply to these outside websites or content, or to any collection of information after you click on links to such outside websites.
A NOTE ABOUT CHILDREN. We do not intentionally gather information from visitors who are under the age of 13.
A NOTE TO USERS OUTSIDE OF THE UNITED STATES. Your information may be processed in the country in which it was collected and in other countries, including the United States, where laws regarding processing of information may be less stringent than the laws in your country.
CONTACT INFORMATION. We welcome your comments or questions about this Policy. You may also contact us at our address:
firstname.lastname@example.org 164 Townsend St., San Francisco, CA 94107
This Policy was last updated on March 11, 2013.